Thursday, April 22, 2010

Counting My Blessings

I've decided to participate in Counting My Blessings!

I was so inspired by 39 Squares that I began to wish I had participated in it. Thoughts began to sneak in that maybe I could do my own version of the stitchalong. I even started jotting down ideas for squares, and taking stock of what supplies I would need...Then came April 20th, when I learned I could vote on a new project - and my vote was cast for counting my blessings.

So now I'm making new plans with a bit of the old wrapped into them. I'm still going to do 40 squares. I turn 40 this year, and I wanted to mark that occasion somehow. And a lot of my blessings may end up the same as my other list. There may be lots of little things from nature and everyday life. I have learned in the last year just how precious every day can be and how little things that surround us can bring us joy. You'll be seeing a lot of those in my squares.

So I've gathered what I have at home. Now I need to go find some fabric to stitch them on...

preparing

2 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hey I'm loving this too! And i was so glad to be asked to vote. I love all the blocks I've already seen and my mind is swimming with even more ideas than I had at first. I've jotted down so many ideas that are blessings to me....and then I visit the other blogs and think 'OH MY GOSH' and then I get more ideas!!! Hahaha...this is fun.l I will be back for a visit. Adding you to my blogs on my stitching blog!
Blessings,
Debbie @ Farmhouse Blessings,

linda said...

Oh wow, that is a lot of floss :) I am just starting out myself, haven't stitched up my squares yet!